Angel Claims Management Services will advocate for you and be empathetic to your personal situation whilst managing your claim from beginning to end.
The purpose of this meeting is so I can gain an understanding of your situation where we will discuss the following:
- Your current medical situation and what leave you have already taken.
- Understand your current financial situation.
- I will investigate your superannuation fund as much as possible before I meet with you.
- Discuss details about your superannuation fund and your benefits including what insurance you may have.
- Discuss if you can make a claim from your superannuation fund or if you have already commenced, understand at what point of the claims process you are at.
- Explain how the claims process works generally.
Where to Next?
- After our initial meeting I will confirm our discussions and my understanding of your situation, next steps and my fees in writing.
- We will meet/speak again to go through the contents of the letter and clarify any further questions you may have.
- Once you have reviewed my letter and feel comfortable to proceed I will ask you to sign relevant authority forms and an agreement to commence your claims process. That way you don’t need to deal with your superannuation provider at all!
The claims process
- Once we have completed all the necessary authorisations I will contact the insurer and start the process.
- For both Income Protection and TPD claims medical forms, employer forms and member forms must be completed. I will work with you to have these forms completed.
- You will be asked to attend an independent medical assessment.
- Only when ALL completed documentation is received will your claim be assessed. That's why it is important for me to manage this process for you so that I can ensure the assessment process starts as soon as possible.
- The insurance company will make a decision and a recommendation to the Trustee of your superannuation fund regarding your claim.
- Based on all the evidence provided – including the insurer’s recommendation, the Trustee will make their decision.
- For Income Protection payments once the claim is accepted you will receive a monthly payment. To continue receiving the payment you will be required to provide monthly medical evidence confirming that you are still unable to return to work.
- For TPD claims, once the claim is accepted you will be asked to complete a Benefit Payment Request Form and your benefit will be paid about 10 business days after all completed documentation is received.
- Where the claim is denied for either benefit type reasons will be provided and you will have the opportunity to appeal the decision.
- Next steps will depend on the reasons for denial.
Points to remember
- The claim cannot be assessed until the waiting period has been served and ALL documentation has been completed and submitted.
- The end to end process for a claim may take some months or longer depending on the complexity of the claim.
- This can be frustrating, upsetting and a difficult time therefore it is important to have a good support network to help you through this time: family, friends, professional support groups and medical professionals.
- You should ensure that you have a budget in place and where possible a financial safety net.
- I will help you to obtain assistance from Centrelink and complete the necessary documentation – as this takes time also.